A Battle Inside

My idea of friends and friendship, if I have to define it in two words it would be “non judgmental”. We all have friends, of all sorts. I have made many friends over the years, some stayed with me, and some in my thoughts. In all these years, there had been just one single friend that my unconscious mind recalled time and again. My sister from another mother, my mind reader from miles apart, she has always been there.

Now that I have a lot of time to over analyze a lot of things, I just thought why is she so important to me? What binds us like that? The answer is right there in my very first sentence. She is non judgmental of my actions. She accepts me the way I am and she knows where I need to be stopped. And to me, if she says it, it must be true.  Those who know me would know I wouldn’t write a letter of gratitude as a blog, well I could too. But nah, I am just going to touch that core matter of this entire monologue.

The crux that binds people in a relationship of trust is that they don’t judge one other for any damn thing.  They just stay there. They become mentors because they do make those efforts to put themselves into another’s shoes and think alike. You don’t have to talk everyday, you really don’t ask them how they are? You just speak your heart out to them.

As I now realise that I am an adult and life does take everyone to adulthood without fail, criticism is the first step for adulthood. If you can face it, for just being what you are, you are an adult. You are now ready to grill others by gifting the same step. People just don’t like you for what you are. They can’t accept it and will always find faults in you. Ridiculous as it may sound to those who think they are perfect, I have my doubts. I am yet to meet a person so calm, and so unruffled; someone to appreciate the gift of life as it is.

I am myself completely distorted and often garble things. Yet, I have hope. Now that I have figured out the aura, I will definitely make way to get there. I am so done with accusations, petty fights, the dilemma of being the perfect person, the chase of finding solace by find faults in others. If I weren’t to be burnt to ashes, my grave would hold the quote – “Perfection is in acceptance”.


Just as we see the animals in the zoo, and we accept them, life would be far more sorted if we did the same with ourselves.  Well, it is what it is. I have my reasons to put this thought up and convey to those who read it, to be reasonable. Not just with others, but also with your own self.  There is already so much angst in the world, let’s not put those whom we know and love to that factor of errors. If we stop fighting those battles inside, we can hope for happier days ahead. Unless otherwise. Life would still go on!

Comments

Popular Posts