Moment of Truce

Anger, a strong feeling of annoyance, vexation, or hostility, is something you cannot avoid not matter how patient you are. When you are angry, everything comes under your scan, it gives you a headache, heartache, stomachache (may be), basically immense displeasure.
So did happen to me. I was in great discomfit sometime back. I was angry. I am quite blatant by nature (being modest), so when I am angry, I avoid people to get in my way and become the victim of my crossness unnecessarily.
This time, it so happened, I was angry, I was hurt, and for a change I controlled myself. I kept mum, I did not think, I did not utter a single word. I lied down, before the tears could come rolling, I closed my eyes. I defied anger, I tried to let go, to get normal, unaffected.
It was then that I found solace, a moment of truce that demarcated a new span of control within me. I had never been so much at peace ever before. It felt, I had crossed my own limitations and enhanced my own magnitude of resistance.
For once I realized, it wasn’t necessary to react. Some times things can be resolved with “Silence”- which is indeed Golden. My anger had finally died down, I was clearer about things. I realized how anger makes the vision so hazy that you can’t even see yourself. I had always heard about it, always tried to gain more patience. This was the time when I finally achieved which was long awaited.

Comments

  1. the one who angers you conquers you

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the transformation that you experienced Aditi as it is really hard to do it :)

    Ajay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot...i did it once and i feel i would be able to conquer my anger again 'cause it seems i do have the potential :D
    Lets see how far it goes.... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Someone Just So Special!!!

Religion keeps me puzzled

Time after Time